Time 10am to 4pm
Location Tracksys Teaching Suite - Nottingham
This workshop will provide a full overview of how to use The Observer XT system. It will include several different scenarios and provide plenty of hands-on use of the equipment.
The day is designed for students, new users or those in need of a refresher. Trainers will be on hand to take attendees through the system in a series of generic and user-specific exercises. By the end of the day users should be able to:
- Design behavioural coding schemes
- Code live and from video sources
- Display and Analyse their data
- Export their work
- Introduction - what The Observer XT is and how it can be used
- Design - how to create projects
- Coding - how to collect data quickly and effectively
- Analysis - descriptive statistics, nesting, reliability analysis and display
- Export - using Observer data in other packages e.g. Excel and SPSS
All attendees will work with a generic set of projects but can also work on user-specific projects; they will be able to take these away on a complementary USB memory stick at the end of the day.
Tracksys are committed to providing free technical support by phone or email and will contact all attendees after the training day to monitor their progress.
10am to 4pm. Coffee and lunch breaks to be taken at the University of Nottingham.