- 12th Jun 2013
- Integrated E-prime / The Observer project available
- 5th Dec 2012
- EthoVision 9.0 released
- 13th Nov 2012
- EEG-eyetracker integration with Emotiv Toolkit
Our new brochure is now available:
EthoVision XT 9.0
EthoVision XT is the state-of-the-art video-tracking system that automatically records animal activity and movement, including motility and explorative behaviour.
How does it work?
- Predefine a complete experiment to include a trial list and independent variables for automatic data selection.
- Identify body point centre of any animal and the nose point and tail base point of rats and mice. Nose point tracking enables automatic measurement of explorative behaviour (approaching an object headfirst, risk assessment at the entrance to open arms on an elevated plus-maze)
- Automated start and stop tracking according to conditions, i.e. when the animal has been in a specific location for a defined period of time, or went from one zone to another. With multiple arenas, a generic start condition can be applied to each arena individually.
- When working with telemetry or other external physiological data from a data acquisition system, EthoVision XT can send out a signal to synchronise the acquired data and the tracking data obtained with EthoVision XT.
- Visualise your data, along with external data streams. Export tracks for presentations.
- Automatically analyse your data including parameter selection: velocity, distance moved and in zone, as well as elongation (stretch-attend postures), mobility (Forced swim test, freezing behaviour), and head direction parameters like rotations. You can also calculate the number and sequence of zone entries, particularly interesting in the radial maze test; nesting (by zone, time or behaviour), data grouping and export.
Features and Benefits
Automation of starting, stopping and running of trials.
Saves time and reduces human error.
Unique Dynamic Subtraction detection method ensures that your animals will still be reliably tracked, even when the background changes i.e. movement of bedding/sawdust with cages, urination, changes light stimuli etc.
Data accuracy maintained in variable conditions.
Track animals in any type of arena, enclosure or maze.
|The same system can be used for a variety of behavioural tests.|
Track animals in up to 100 arenas simultaneously.
|Increase throughput. Get your trials finished quicker.|
Add-on modules with extra functionality. e.g nose & tail-base tracking, physiological data import and GLP compliance
|Buy the system you need and build on it as your work needs expand.|
Powerful and flexible data selection and analysis
|Get the data you need in the format you need it quickly and easily.|
Track live or from videos.
|Control where and when you collect you data.|
First and only video tracking system with GLP compliance (meets 21 CRF Part 11).
|Safeguard your experiments; settings and changes during acquisition are logged and experimental results are retrievable.|